Sunday, July 1, 2007

Cure for must-check-blog-stats syndrome

If you are infected with the must-check-blog-stats syndrome and wish to cure that, then you have come to the right place.

I have lessened my urge to check my blog stats by making a few realizations. Instead of checking my blog stats, I could be doing some more useful things.


Instead of checking your blog stats...

I could write new content.

Blog stats just show you the visitors and page views of your blog. They won't help you attract new visitors. Remember that people go to your blog because of your content. Remember that the more content you have, the more "entrances" you have for your blog.


I could be reading other people's blog.
Each person has something different about them and you can discover them by reading their blogs. You can gain tips, lessons and even new friends by visiting other people's blogs.


I could be doing other things with my life.
These are just a few examples that you can do. You can sleep, eat, interact with people in real life, study, shout like a mad retard, play video games, watch tv, go for a swim, take a bath, dance in the rain, stalk your crushes, ask your parents for additional allowances, go to the mall, be a nuisance to your siblings, invite friends over to your house and of course, read my blogs.


As you can see, you can do a lot of things instead of checking your blog stats all the time. There is nothing wrong with checking you blog stats but you could be doing more productive things instead. Just remember that more content that your readers want, the more page views and visitors you will get for your blog.

Instead of letting the blog stats tell you how many visitors, let your content show you how many visitors you get.

0 comments: